View Single Post
Old
12-01-2012, 04:29 PM
EvenSteven

vCash: 500
I see the Rangers have called up Keli Grant from the Dutchmen. I haven't been a fan of his, his whole time here, and said so more than once on this board. I thought he got way more than enough opportunities over the last couple years to "break out" if you will, and it never happened.

The best I saw him play was in last year's playoffs after his minutes went up due to all the injuries. He looked okay even though the offense still wasn't there.

Fast forward to this year. He is almost a goal a game player with the Dutchmen, so I thought he might have been called up a little earlier considering our lack of offense. But whatever. Tonight he'll play against the Whalers and I'm hoping the coaching staff puts him situations where he can get a really good chance to excel. Don't bury him on the 4th line and only give him a shift a period - as what happens to most JrB call ups. Give him a couple decent line mates and let's see what he can do.

Grant could prove to be that late bloomer who finally finds his way at this level. I'd like nothing more than to see him show that he can be an asset to the big club going forward.