View Single Post
Old
12-01-2012, 05:55 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfanz View Post
Burke's Mess > JFJ's Mess >Cliff Fletcher's 2nd Term mess.

I understand now.

Burke's mess = best mess.
I have to tell you I got a little nervous when I glanced at your post, as that was a lot of the use of "mess" appearing in that post and luckily none of it was my fault.

However you're correct in your assessment that Burke's mess = best mess and here is why.. No one would refute that our Leafs lack talent and the best/cheapest way to acquire that is through the entry draft process.

So Leaf fans are actual blessed to have Burke as GM because his inability to ice and build a competitive team allows the NHL to having pity on us, as they reward failure of the GM and suffering of the fan base of supporting poor teams by awarding draft picks in reverse order of the NHL standings..

As a result Leaf Nation is building up the prospect pool with the likes of promising youngster(s) like Morgan Rielly as our reward. So our silver lining is being rewarded for Burke's mess via prospect pool strength. However if Burke was more successful like JFJ was, then the team would be higher in the final standings but still mediocre, and the draft picks weaker and the prospect pool thinner and the future less bright.

Sadly the NHL can't prevent an impatient GM from dealing away those picks earned thru team placement at the bottom of the standings.

Last edited by Mess: 12-01-2012 at 06:01 PM.