View Single Post
Old
12-01-2012, 06:07 PM
Kingstonian84*

vCash: 500
[Could have, would have, should have, the team is better than its record indicates.[/QUOTE]

Thats a matter of opinion, if you feel the roster is better thats your prespective but it doesn't make it fact. Really its debatable as to whether this team is better now then it was 4 years ago, all I know is 4 years later we are STILL a lottery team and thats what stands out to me.

IMO and this is just my opinion and I really don't know if were roster wise that much better- Prior to Burke we had an elite top centre and lacked a elite sniper winger, now we have a elite sniper but no top #1 centre, so really its a wash. Burke has brought in good pieces (Kessel, Phaneuf, Gardiner, Lupul, even Kadri) but he has not managed to get us a #1 goalie, our bottom 6 is soft as a marshmellow, our blueline is deep but really 1/3 of them is good in their own end the rest don't have a clue.

When Burke inherited this team it was an aging one, now its a young one, he's basically taken this team IMO from one extreme to the other, neither situation is necessairly ideal.

Again just my .02 cents doesn't mean its fact or that I'm right or wrong.