View Single Post
Old
12-01-2012, 06:09 PM
justsomeguy

vCash: 500
Don't collect so much as accumulate.

Have a few small pieces of The Forum and MLG somewhere. Kept my ticket stubs from the Centennial game and the press credentials from the few games I've been accredited for.

Have a few autographs, mainly because they were offered and I didn't want to offend by saying "No thanks". Only autograph I ever asked for was from Roch Carrier who was kind enough to sign a $5 bill for me a couple years ago. Only ones I ever bought was a series of Habs signed postcard sized B&W photos from 1968 or 69. The heros of my childhood. Basically bought the set to have a JC Tremblay autograph.

What I do value more than autographs or other memorabilia are the tapes of the conversations I've had with former players, most of them from the 40s, 50s and 60s and the ongoing contact I've been fortunate enough to maintain with some of the guys. Much prefer memories to memorabilia.

Also value the contacts I've made and kept with a lot of the guys producing hockey history scribblings, both online and between hard covers.

justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote