View Single Post
Old
12-01-2012, 05:39 PM
Ryker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Invictus View Post
It's a shame it takes over a month for him to get in a groove. At least he's not Fleury, though.
His performance hasn't really changed that much since the beginning of the season. It's just that with a small sampling of games what he was doing at the beginning seemed like a catastrophe, and now that he had a statistically good game (his stats are now better than Rinne's, by the way ) and there was an article/blog post written on it by an author that has not seen the game, the impression is that he is back in his groove. I'm not saying there's been no improvement, and truthfully I'm not really in a position to say, as I haven't seen any full CSKA games. But judging from the highlights (the extended, Russian version) the change hasn't been as great as some here seem to think.

Plus, Fleury is still a great goalie, he just had one bad series, where mistakes got magnified due to the openness of play in general. Not him nor Bryz were as bad as stats make them out to be. Couple somewhat worse play with normal variation and you get what we saw last year.