View Single Post
Old
05-27-2006, 02:32 AM
Slick Nick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taupy
Expect the unexpected... I have some bad feeling that Markov could be traded.

He'll probably ask Kaberle-like contract (around 4.5-5M)
He hasn't showed up in the playoff (0 hit )

Has much has I like Andrei Markov, one side that I don't like about him is that he don't play physical at all. He's good at pokechecking but you will never see him try to clear the crease or nail bodycheck someone in the board. He seems afraid of the others players.

He's very good offensively, he is one of the best passer of the team and have a very good vision, but when Bob Gainey said that Markov ''pourrait plus s'impliquer'' I don't think he was talking about the offensive part of his game.

Markov is at an all time high on term of value, and Gainey could play on that. Maybe that with a throw-in, we could get Vincent Lecavalier or something like that. A big center-man with skill that can play the body. I think that if we had him in our team, we would be one step further the Cup.

I don't think that Koivu will play more than 5 years in the NHL, I hope he will win the cup until he retires. With Vinny with him, we could win the cup and he could pass him the torch. I'm very high on Lecavalier and I think I'm not the only one like that. He reminds me Jean Beliveau (of what I heard and highlight I saw)
You will get more results by adding up another talented Dman, instead of giving away the only one we have...

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote