View Single Post
Old
12-01-2012, 07:09 PM
nexttothemoon
Eight Straight

vCash: 50
Personally I think if Hall is indeed the #5 best talent on the Oilers... that's a pretty damn good position for the team to be in... and knowing that Hall is probably the most competitive/hungry/driven player on the team that #5 position on the talent totem pole won't sit well with him and he'll constantly be trying to improve and play better... which is great for internal competition on the team to push each other and excel as a group.

Throw in players like Hemsky and Hartikainen and even Gagner and you have the makings of a VERY good roster.

The blueline short-term will still be a team weakness but with Klefbom/Marincin/Musil/Gernat/LaLeggia coming up I think it's looking very promising there as well.

Only place I'm not super optimistic is in net but one of Bunz/Roy could certainly turn into a #1 goaltender as well.

I'd definitely be super-pissed if the great basket of prospects the Oilers have accumulated were all split up in some type of moronic "de-certification scheme" because of this stupid lockout which is being fought over a few percent of a large pie. All the pieces are finally starting to fall into place and now it just might be all ripped apart before it really has a chance to begin.

nexttothemoon is offline   Reply With Quote