Thread: Ralph Krueger
View Single Post
Old
12-01-2012, 07:15 PM
smokersarejokers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everest View Post
It definatley doesn't just magically disappear when a team changes the coach but the big thing will be who gets held accountable and how the accountability transpires.

I think if the coach wants the team to play big boy hockey he should not handle them with kids gloves any longer.
Yeah, accountability is key with Krueger. If you're not producing, you're going to hear about it. It doesn't matter if you're Smyth, Hemsky, Eberle, Petrell, Eager, etc. No free passes.

It's already been mentioned, but he's said numerous times that he's OK with guys like Eager and Hordichuk taking a penalty if it reins in the other team's turkeys.

I remember reading a story where he kicked a bunch of Switzerland's best players off the team because they weren't buying into his program.

He's also said that he coached defensively for the Swiss team because that was the only way they'd beat Canada, Sweden, Russia, USA, etc. He's also coached very offensive minded teams in Europe in the past. I'm pretty sure he said that he'll coach to his players' strengths, and he realizes that the Oilers strengths going forward will be speed and skill.

I'm pretty excited to see him lead this team. Steve Smith too. Still not sold on Buchburger though.

smokersarejokers is offline   Reply With Quote