View Single Post
Old
12-01-2012, 08:56 PM
Oilin Toronto

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
First of all I wasn't comparing the Isles prospects to the Oilers prospects. I said it's a joke to consider Marincin a "high-end" prospect, which it is. IMO, high-end prospects are 1st line/1st pairing guys. Marincin projects more as a 2nd pairing defenseman. If you consider that high-end, then I suppose you're right.

As far as the Isles go, yeah, I'd consider them to be top-5 or at least close to it. Reinhart is an elite prospect. Donovan, deHaan and Mayfield all have #2-4 potential, and all have had success to this point since being drafted. Kichton has been over a PPG player for the last 3 years and will probably end up being a 3rd pairing, PP QB at the NHL level. Pedan has excelled since being drafted and is widely considered to be a future 2nd-pairing defenseman by a lot of people. Pelech is another guy who has dominated since being drafted and looks to be a future shut-down NHL defenseman. I honestly don't know much about Pokka, but considering he was a borderline 1st rounder a few months ago I'd say he at least has pretty good upside.

Personally, I think Donovan, deHaan and Mayfield are all better prospects than Marincin. However, even if they aren't, the sheer depth of the Isles system defensively makes them a top-5 team(or like I said, close to it) in this category.

BTW, just wondering, are you basing your opinion on the HF grades of these prospects or have you actually watched any of them play?
To be perfectly honest with you, I've had a fair share of viewings of Reinhart(for obvious reasons being an Oil Kings fan and a CHL fan), Donovan, deHaan, and Mayfield. I was actually hoping that Edmonton would grab Mayfield in the second round...I, perhaps haven't had as much viewings as you have, but am quite familiar with the prospects that I mentioned above.

I should ask you, have you had the chance to watch Marincin play 1st pairing in the AHL, he already has over 10 pts, and plays in all situations. He is 6" 5' and is exceptionally mobile. If you can honestly say that Donovan, deHaan and Mayfield are better than Marincin, you really should watch some OKC games.

IMO, Schultz, Klefbom, and Marincin are all better than all of Isle's D prospects, and if you add Gernat, Musil, Davidson, and Laleggia (leading NCAA D's in scoring), it's not even close.

Oilin Toronto is offline   Reply With Quote