View Single Post
Old
12-01-2012, 09:39 PM
RJQuack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalvincline View Post
The Moose D take a lot of heat and I'm not really sure why. Take Hannay for example, he's being talked about like we need to get anything for him. He's big, can fight, can get pucks & players out of the front of net. I'll be the first to say he was a plug two years ago but I think his game came around last year and if you ask me he was a pretty solid D man.
I'm not saying 'don't improve the D', but I don't recall a better group of D on any other team in the metro center this season. Aside from Olginy (PEI), what else is available that's going to make a big improvement? And who on the Moose D "has to go"?
Baie-Comeau's is pretty good, BLB haven't made an appearance in Halifax yet either... I like Rimouski and Quebec on D too...

But I agree with your point on the Moose D being "under-rated" coming into the season. They averaged 23.2 shots against per-game before KA got injured... since then we've allowed 34 per-game.

I knew we are very dependant on KA, but it will be interesting to see if that trend continues. In fact, the D hasn't really looked out of place.

Some say we need another D, maybe one that takes away more high percentage chances, and I'd have to agree... But not as big a need as improving our 2nd line.