View Single Post
Old
12-01-2012, 09:39 PM
Trojan35

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattb124 View Post
How is the competition on the Wed. night pick-up games at Valco? What time? I am learning that the skill level of these games locally can be all over the place. I have played at Valco on the Mon. & Fri. lunchtime pick-up games and I was not terribly out of place (i.e worst player on the ice, but not by much). I played in the Sat. night pick-up at Ice Oasis last week and actually felt bad for the guys whose team I was on because the level of play was so far over my head. - those guys are good!
Just keep playing, it's an open session for a reason.

My first time on skates with pads was at a sharks ice gretzky hour, and of course there were a lot of very good players (sj state, etc) there. And of course they decide to scrim instead of just practice. And of course no one wants to play D so I'm playing D. They were really cool and I won't ever forget that experience. Most guys and groups are, so don't worry if you're not good enough in a pickup game. Hustle out there, try your best, and be open to constructive feedback. Ignore the jerks, because they're few and far between.

Trojan35 is offline   Reply With Quote