Thread: Confirmed with Link: Matt Duchene's lockout adventure in Europe
View Single Post
Old
12-01-2012, 10:48 PM
Drizzt1

vCash: 500
All of our centers bar maybe O'Reilly in the past 2-3 years have played with a multitude of wingers (sometimes, not great one's). O'Reilly seemed to have at least one half a season's worth of consistency to build chemistry (with Landeskog and Downie), which is huge in today's game, and look at the results.

I don't, can't, and won't blame Duchene given the intangibles he has been given (injury, team mates etc).

I have NO doubts that given 50% of a season with the same line mates, Duchene would strike awesome chemistry, as he did when Mueller played 15 odd games straight with him, and Fleishmann did for a decent period as well.

Sacco smacked Duchene on the last line. He threw him on Stazz wing. He threw him with a regressing Hejduk. Etc, etc etc.

Duchene has had a 55 point, and a 67 point season in his career. That's quality. He just needs to get back to that by touch wood, playing without injury, and getting some consistency.

I believe he'll be playing with Parenteau if and when Hockey is played again. That's great. A whole lot hinges on Duke though, and I hope his class shows through, and he bounces back before retirement.

Chances are better that Duchene at least gets "back" to where he was, before he gets worse.

Drizzt1 is offline   Reply With Quote