Old
12-01-2012, 10:10 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
Henrique is a small center. Leafs have Bozak, Grabovsky, Connolly etc. etc. They are a dime a dozen.

Gardnier is one of the best skating D in the legue.

Kadri is a better prospect than Matteau.
Oh wow, this is almost entirely false. Henrique plays with plenty of grit. 50 point rookie centres who come close to winning the Calder against the top two picks in the previous draft are not dime a dozen. There are solid indications that he is nowhere near the top of his development curve yet. The Devils are not likely to move him.

Gardiner is a good player, but calling him "one of the best skating d in the league" is overstating it.

I keep hearing that Kadri is on the cusp of breaking through, and then he doesn't. Matteau, on the other hand, looks to be on track to achieve what we expect of him. Right now I'd rather have Matteau in the system.

Quote:
That top 4 on D is scaring nobody.
I will remind you that that top 4 just made it to the Cup Final, and that was without Tallinder too. Devils fans are perfectly fine with having three second pairings.

Quote:
Henrique had 83 hits. Bozak 117. I've seen them both play neither is what you call physical. Bozak like Henrique can handle the physicalness of the NHL.

Yeah -- I read it -- but it wasn't accurate and still isn't.
This is a strange way to argue. Hits are not necessarily an accurate measure of physicality, and every arena counts hits differently.