View Single Post
Old
12-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Bob E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Third line...***
most 3rd liners are your defensive players, most 4th liners are your pylons, rookies, truculence or AHL tweeners

See I think this is where the difference of opinion is at.

I find Burmi already a decent third liner on most teams at young age of 21, so he has possibility of being a decent 2nd liner with possibility of being an elite 3rd liner. Somebody has to take the tough minutes and most teams give this to a third liner. Whether that's Sutter, Staal, Gausted, Helm, Stoll, Halpern, etc...

Some of those guys scored at lower rates than Burmistrov...
Garret, i would agree that Burmi was performing at a solid 3rd line center level in the NHL, last year, as a very young player.

But now, based on his current production in the AHL, i would see his performance level dropping... meaning does his current AHL play still equate to solid 3rd line NHL level of play?

I would think Jets management would like to see his play develop into a solid 2nd line NHL level of play, and I say this considering he is being counted on in an offensive role with St. John's. If he was in a 3rd line role with the IceCaps, well this current production may be fine, but he's being asked to play an offensive role - with all the extra icetime and opportunities that comes with that - and he's not producing.