View Single Post
Old
12-01-2012, 11:18 PM
Bob E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
That's cool. I think we all would "like" Burmi to be ripping things up. It would give everyone the warm and fuzzies.

IMO, there's a big difference in being a little disappointed that Burmi isn't doing well (but realizing that the entire team isn't doing well and the coaching staff is doing nothing but signing Burmistrov's praises), as opposed to ignoring Burmistrov's play last year, ignoring the praise from the Caps coaching staff, and ignoring the play of the entire team, and using box stats to decide that a 21 year old kid with a tonne of talent is someone even close to being a disappointment after 22 games in the AHL.

Not saying that's you btw....
Hahahaha... No that's fair, i've sent plenty of arrows aimed in Burmi's direction. But, I know the coaching staff seems pleased with his play, and that's likely the main thing at this point.

Am i disappointed, ya, but more curious as to why he's not producing right now. It's important that he does produce - goals/points, etc. - as well as play a solid defensive game.

Honestly, truck's post about this being too small a sample size hit home, a bit. I'll sit back and see how the rest of his time there (hopefully short) goes.