View Single Post
Old
12-01-2012, 11:20 PM
awfulwaffle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
I don't know about Torres, GMs love the opportunity of giving a player redemption, plus Torres might be pissed about GMDM not sticking up for him (or getting a gag order from ownership aka the NHL.)
He didn't stick up for him? How so? He was there with him at the meeting I believe, and we don't know what was said behind the closed doors to the panel, etc. The league threw the book at Torres because they needed to do something, and after the Torres incident, I believe there were no more suspensions handed down if I'm not mistaken. There might have been plays that were suspension worthy, but people were over it because of the massive sentence laid down on Torres, etc. The league did that to take attention away from the certain hits and what should happen.

Honestly, when we start playing hockey again, and when Torres gets announced, I want everyone in Jobing.com to stand on their feet and start chanting "Torres! Torres! Torres!" or "Raffi! Raffi! Raffi!". God knows I will for his first home game back. He was a great key to how we did well, he played hard in the playoffs and was always fighting for the puck and giving 110% effort. I want him back.

awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote