View Single Post
Old
12-01-2012, 11:22 PM
surixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Didn't you do some analysis that showed that Burmistrov's numbers last year were pretty comparable to Couturier's?

And yet SC is one of HF's golden boys and a sure fire all-star, and some people here want to lament the play of Burmistrov?

Guarantee that if the Jets win a cup, the same constantly negative people on here will have problems with the way someone carried the cup around the ice.
I'm no fan of Couturier but last year was his rookie year and he was a year younger to boot. We shouldn't be happy that he is performing similarly to rookies, we should expect a little more progression from him. For example the same Couturier has 17 points in 18 games and triple the number of goals, Schenn has 22 in 20. Going to his draft year the offensive players drafted close to him Connelly has 7g and 17 points in 19 games, Neideriter has 10g and 20 points in 19, Granlund had 12 points in 8 games. He is starting to get passed offensively by his peers. I have no problem with his defensive game, but I was hoping to see him take a step forward offensively like a number of the players I listed above, granted he still has time. BobE has it correct in that he is going to start to get pushed for offensive minutes by Scheifele who is progressing at a quick rate, not to mention he will have a massive uphill battle to earn offensive minutes on the Jets this year with the number of players ahead of him.