View Single Post
Old
12-01-2012, 11:24 PM
Bob E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
I am not suprised you like him Bob I think most posters do they are just frustrated. I would like to see his offense progress and I believe it will but that is not my primary concern this season.

My feelings are that if he can have a good year in the Jets top 9 anywhere (tweener 3rd 2nd liner) then He will be happy. I honestly think if he could play consistantly with Poni and Antro on our 3rd unit he could have an impactful year where he shows real statistical progression. I also like the idea of him playing with two veterans from the Eastern block where the communication skills would be a non issue. I think that combined with his stint in the AHL with prime minutes could make for a really diverse development year that could help him grow. I like the idea of Alex playing a simple cycle, puck possession, shut down game with two big bodies like Poni and Antro. I seem him fitting well and being a nice compliment to that group. that could be a great 3rd line.
I agree, ps.

That said, if there isn't NHL hockey this year, both Poni and Antro are without a contract for next year. So, I'm hoping the Jets sign both to deals (likely 1 or 2 yrs), to play with Burmi on 3rd line that should win many line match-ups, once hockey returns.