View Single Post
Old
12-01-2012, 11:30 PM
wings5

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Haha, nice pics, I like it. I was actually going to use the Visnovsky one (or something similiar) but I wanted a game jersey pic . Visnovsky is one of my favourite players of all time (along with Palffy (my favourite player of all-time), Gaborik, Chara, Demitra, Bondra it's why I am a Slovak and Slovan fan )

What is so impressive about Slovan is the progress of the youngsters. Hudacek, Stastny and Dano is particular have impressed me. Not the top players on the team obviously, but contributing very effectively for young guys, nice to finally see some young talent coming through the Slovak system, it was a rough period for high end offensive talent for a while, which is traditionally had been a strength. Solid young players. Obviously Janus has been unreal as well.

I was looking through some rosters as well, it's impressive how much Slovan is relying on Slovaks and being so successful. Not that many others on the team, when compared to say Lev, which has nearly as many Slovaks as Czech players among a bunch of other "import" players, yet has not had Slovan's success. That truly is special to see. Imagine if Zaborsky (I know not very popular among Slovak fans right now ), Hossa, Surovy, Chara and all the others had signed back home in Slovan as well

Slovak hockey really seems to be rebounding, IMO, and Slovan is the proof, what they are doing without many of the Slovak stars.
I wouldn't say the success of one team can make a hockey program rebound, it starts at the youth level. The more skilled the youth is the better it is for the hockey system and there is a better chance they can develop into professional players. But the success of this team could raise interest and bring about more youth involvement in the sport and enthusiasm.