View Single Post
Old
12-02-2012, 12:17 AM
SJeasy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
I would be very surprised, beyond shocked actually to learn that the NHL had in fact at anytime anywhere in any city signed on as guarantor, backing a franchise in its dealings with municipal or even state authorities. Cant imagine it SJ. I mean, to imagine that the BOG's would approve such a deal, or that Bettman would ever agree to such just isnt on. Just look at what the NHL pulled in Glendale? Like lambs to the slaughter. Signed off on all rights through BK; signed on to a 10yr AMUL etc. These muni's are just playthings. Easily manipulated.... but really, its all hypothetical, as I dont believe the NHL will Contract, doesnt have to, doesnt want to, Bush League move.
I would seriously like to know the NHL's involvement in the background of how some arenas have been built and deals executed. Promises made, papers signed, if any. For me, Nationwide, Prudential and Glendale are the big three that just didn't make sense from the outset. I agree that it would be high risk to act as guarantor, heck they won't even guarantee player contracts against bankruptcy.

I don't think the league will contract either unless there are major changes in the general economic landscape.

SJeasy is offline   Reply With Quote