Thread: GDT: Albany Devils Games
View Single Post
Old
12-02-2012, 12:31 AM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
It's funny when Albany wins they usually are heavily outshot, but when they lose they're usually the ones outshooting for the most part. Good to see Kinkaid finally get another win. I think 3 of our 5 wins now are against Adirondack. I don't like Hoeffel, or Pesonen, or some of those guys much though Pesonen had a good game. Pesonen could be a good call up in a Tim Sestito role possibly. Hoeffel LOLeffel again. Don't care for Sislo at all either. Wohlberg isn't too bad. I don't think they're ECHL guys. Could be decent AHL'ers but it's hard to tell when Albany rarely scores more than 1 or 2 a game.

Have been impressed with Frazee, and take back all the talk of him needing to go. He's shut me up, and has been nothing short of solid in even his worst games. Guys not nearly as good have started NHL games.

Also I really would like to see Josefson centering Patty on a line in the NHL. Josefson could accomplishment what Henrique did last year in the NHL if he can stay healthy.
With Hoeffel you don't look at stats. I see how quick he gets on the forecheck, how well he cycles, how strong he is on the boards in his own end and his positioning. There is a reason why he is a +2 with not that many shots and weak linemates. He has no chance at becoming a top 9 forward but I think there is a good chance he can play 4th line once the season starts so Bernier can move up to the top 9 until Henrique is back.

Pesonen always plays well when I watch. Which can really affect my judgement of him. I don't think he is as good defensively as Hoeffel which will hurt his chance as a role player right now.