View Single Post
Old
12-02-2012, 02:34 AM
MovesLikeJagr68

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
I made a rare exception here and went for the homer vote. Considering the offensive talent Canada will already have, and the offensive talent they will be facing, I think elite defensive guys like Hamhuis will be more valuable than elite offensive defenseman like Letang. Especially considering the offensive talent the blueline already has.
I agree that a guy like Hamhuis is definitely needed on this roster, you need at least one guy who can shut down some of the best players in the world.

However, here on hfboards, Letang seems to be more overrated here as an offensive player than a defensive one. He's got great speed and vision which does help out his teams scoring abilities, but one thing that he is great at is using that speed and his freakish strength for a smaller guy in his own zone. Sure, he was pretty brutal defensively (along with the rest of the D) in the Pens vs Flyers playoff series, but that was a very rare occasion for him. Unfortunately it was on national television which doesn't help for those that don't regularly watch him.

MovesLikeJagr68 is offline   Reply With Quote