View Single Post
Old
12-02-2012, 03:32 AM
ohnoeszz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Acosta View Post
Lehtonen is big, he covers a lot of the net and doesn't give up rebounds. He's just a steady goalie. I've tried Rinne, SOTW Brodeur, SOTW Varlamov trained to 99, but the regular Lehtonen doesn't give up garbage.

Bouwmeester is fast, and he's huge which gives him an amazing reach on the poke check. You can go Bobby Orr with this guy because he picks up speed and is too big for most players to knock off the puck. Especially when they're caught flat footed as they expect you to be passing it up to your winger and it's too late. Rocket of a shot that's accurate to be on net and not hit the glass. Fire one five hole, it'll either produce a rebound or go straight in. His breakout pass is only second to Pronger (who would be another amazing defenseman if he wasn't so slow).

I have players like Gretzky, but none of them put up consistent points like Bouwmeester. I've had a 8 point game with him before on the 2nd pairing D.
Interesting about, Bouwmeester. I've never used him because I have Edler captained and Hamhuis assistant captained on the left side - both studs btw. I think Hamhuis and Markov are two other overlooked defensmen. Markov is more physical and better defensively than a guy like Yandle while only sacrificing 2 points in skating. Hamhuis is an all-around defensive stalwart who can chip in on offense and is decent carrying the puck.

I have SOTW Lehtonen but I highly doubt you could convince me to part with him. Everything you said about regular Lehtonen stays true but better. I was posting about him earlier in this thread too. He is sooo quick. He's saved 3 consecutive cross-crease rebounds for me when my defense was going retarded. On a two on zero after a turnover at center ice he challenged the player with the puck to his right and did a sliding pad stack on the cross crease pass that left the second offensive player pounding it into his pads. That was by far the coolest save I've ever seen in this game, particularly for how situationally effective it was. He is actually good against the clean breakaway.

I've used Cam Ward, Schneider, Tim Thomas, and Crawford. Ward was good but SOTW Lehtonen blows them all away.