View Single Post
Old
12-02-2012, 06:47 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
I would take Galchenyuk over Yakupov right now. They are both elite talents but Yakupov has a huge ego and I suspect he will be a very exciting player but he will also come with alot of headaches. Galchenyuk seems to be much more of a team player who will buy into the team concept and playing in all three zones. IMO players like Galchenyuk contribute to a team's success more than players like Yakupov. At the end of the day the reason that an NHL team such as Montreal exists is to win championships. Galchenyuk imo is a better building block towards this goal than Yakupov and at this point in their development is the better pro prospect.

I still would have taken Yakupov at #1 due to some of the uncertainty surrounding Galchenyuk at the time but as of right now I prefer Galchenyuk. I am very happy that Timmins saw the Galchenyuk/Grigorenko debate in the same light as me and some others on this board although it is funny how many people here were against taking Galchenyuk at #3 are all of the sudden fans of his since he was a 16 year old......

Just for fun:

previous stats:
GP G A PTS
68 31 52 83

Pro-rated 12/13 stats:
GP G A PTS
68 48 73 121

That is what I call progression!
Big Time. I don't think there could've been a better fit for our needs than Alex. I don't blame anyone for not getting their hopes up because we've seemed cursed for so long and Galch seems like a gift from the Hockey Gods who've seen enough of our pain and the unholy crime for MTL to go this long without a premier talent at forward.

Safe to say I'll be sitting on pins and needles until #94 is hanging from the Bell Centre roof 20 years from now.