View Single Post
Old
12-02-2012, 06:05 AM
Mr Kanadensisk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post
Now you're just shifting the argument and stating broad accusations. Let's stay on topic......the topic being your denial that cultural differences can greatly affect player performance. Just look at Evander Kane's agent's recent statements as more evidence.

Look at the KHL with North Americans. Guys like Dallman and Hodgman are performing well while Kane and Pavelski (USA olympian) are not. AHLer Hutchinson has looked better than USA top 4 d-man McDonagh. Even among Russians, loads of KHL regulars are miles ahead of NHL regulars. Yet according to your NHL worldview, we should still consider the established NHLers better?

Global hockey is an apples and oranges world, yet you're making a judgement based on counting apples only.
I don't think I shifted the topic at all and by the way where did I say cultural adjuments can never affect player performance? I would love to discuss this with you but please go back a read what I have posted so I don't have to repeat things over and over.

I believe the main challenge for players is adjusting to the different rink size and rules between NA and Europe. Again it is hard to generalize, some players will adjust quickly, some may take half a season or more, some may find they can't adjust at all.

Also I think we have to admit there is a huge difference in the motivation for a player to adjust, for example an established NHLer looking for conditioning is very different from someone like Dallman who needs the job.