View Single Post
Old
12-02-2012, 06:09 AM
kajoo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Haha, nice pics, I like it. I was actually going to use the Visnovsky one (or something similiar) but I wanted a game jersey pic . Visnovsky is one of my favourite players of all time (along with Palffy (my favourite player of all-time), Gaborik, Chara, Demitra, Bondra it's why I am a Slovak and Slovan fan )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
I was looking through some rosters as well, it's impressive how much Slovan is relying on Slovaks and being so successful. Not that many others on the team, when compared to say Lev, which has nearly as many Slovaks as Czech players among a bunch of other "import" players, yet has not had Slovan's success. That truly is special to see. Imagine if Zaborsky (I know not very popular among Slovak fans right now ), Hossa, Surovy, Chara and all the others had signed back home in Slovan as well

Slovak hockey really seems to be rebounding, IMO, and Slovan is the proof, what they are doing without many of the Slovak stars.
51 Slovak players played at least one KHL game this season, which means that after Russian, Slovaks are 2nd most populous group in KHL. Another 49 are in Czech Extraliga, 5 in Elitserien, 4 in DEL, 2 in NLA (Swiss). Plus NHL, no idea on this season, but last season, 12 Slovaks were in NHL (3 of them are in KHL this seaosn, Chara/Sekerra/Visnovsky)

There is a plenty to choose from for one team, would be probably enough even for 2 teams.