View Single Post
Old
12-02-2012, 06:18 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Totally agreed with you. Collberg and Hudon are not on the same level as far as upside goes, and I'm a huge fan of Hudon.

Unlike the fellow leafs fan who you're replying to (feel free to come back by the way, outside opinions are very welcomed on here), I still believe Collberg was THE steal of the draft for us. At the WJC, with a rather weakened Swedish team, he will once again prove why Timmins couldn't sleep between the two draft days hoping he'd get his grip on him.

Collberg has the potential to be a 1st line winger, and as much as I'd like it, you have to admit Charles doesn't.
At the risk of sounding way off base, I wouldn't write off Hudon as not having top line potential. It's definitely a hail mary of a long shot but if he drastically improves his explosiveness and continues to fill out, his fantastic hockey IQ could turn him into something very special.

The fact that he's in the running for a top 6 position on a stacked Canadian WJC squad with another year of eligibility ahead of him AND there being a lockout is pretty ridiculous for a 5th rounder. Gallagher and Leblanc couldn't do it on lesser squads.