View Single Post
Old
12-02-2012, 06:24 AM
n00bxQb

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJet* View Post
I think they might move Prince George already, its the least popular place to play apparently. I think Winnipeg or Nanaimo should get teams, but when you think about it Fort McMurray is like Playing for Brandon, would something like Bismark, Billings or Idaho work out.

Winnipeg (Good Rival W/ Brandon and good support)
Nanaimo (Good Rival W/ Victoria or if Victoria Gets an AHL team Royals move there)
Chilliwack (Shouldn't have left)
Selkirk (Have the perfect WHL arena)
That would be because Prince George is not a very nice place to be during the winter and that drive, while okay in the summer, is seriously not fun in the winter. The highway upgrade should help that, but still, not a trip I'd want to make multiple times a year from say Kamloops. Every time my GF tells me, "We're visiting my family in Prince George in X weeks," I shudder. It's just so far away from any other WHL team with Kamloops being the closest (and that's a solid 8-hour drive in the winter, IME). At the very least, they have a nice facility to play hockey in.

Nanaimo would be awesome. I'd much rather drive to Nanaimo than Victoria to watch WHL games (faster, safer drive from Duncan). Victoria has just the worst traffic infrastructure in BC, guaranteed. When I lived in Burnaby, I could drive home faster after a Canucks game, with 18,000+ fans and countless people watching the game at sports bars downtown (not to mention miscellaneous traffic), than I can driving home to Duncan from Victoria after a 4,500 attendance Royals game (which takes about 20-30 minutes just to get out of freaking Victoria due to traffic).

The Royals are about the only reason why I ever go to Victoria

n00bxQb is offline   Reply With Quote