View Single Post
Old
12-02-2012, 08:55 AM
sg58

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
This is exactly what I've been trying to say. Everyone knew Couturier was more NHL ready than Zibanejad so it boggles my mind when people are so surprised that Couturier is doing better now than Zibanejad. Heck, not like Zibanejad has totally been nothing. Just look at his WJC performance. Zibanejad is still more raw and to me he hasn't come close to scratching the surface, Couturier is more accustomed to the NA game and such.

I'm not saying that Couturier will stop progressing on his season last year, I'm just saying that in 2-3 years, Zibanejad will be the better player.
He wasn't playing well at all at the WJC. He scored the big goal but I think most Swedes would agree that he was not really at his best that tournament.

As for Couturier, I don't think everyone remember how big a year he had. He played against the toughest competition on a good playoff team, and starter in the defensive zone more than any forward. Even with these tough minutes, he managed to put up a respectable number of points despite stone hands on both wings for the most part. It's pretty damn impressive and something Ziba will be in tough to repeat ever.

Hopefully Mika will be something like that and even better production, but Couturier's rookie season was more impressive than he gets credit for.