: Euro Hockey Tour:
EHT 2012-13 [CZE/FIN/RUS/SWE] • 2nd Stage • Channel One Cup (Dec. 13-16)
View Single Post
12-02-2012, 11:29 AM
Join Date: Jan 2011
Originally Posted by
Possible Roster of the Russians
• Barulin (Bobrovsky)
Out because of Injury
1. Varlamov is injured or ill. They wouldn't say more in Yaroslavl.(No need to test him anyway. I don't think Bill ever intended to have him there.)
2. Anisimov is an absolute lock.
3. Syomin will probably get no call. He's awful right now. Even Ovechkin's asking wouldn't help like it did for WC.
4. Kulyomin and Zherdev will be on that roster.
5. I'm sure we will see no Tikhonov.
6. No Gonchar. Sure thing.(Applies to the olympic roster too)
7. No Denisov if nothig extraordinay happens.
8. No Korneev. Why should HE be there? There is BIG bunch of defencemen in the KHL better thanhim.
9. Nikitin and Chudinov only if they get squezed in. Both aren't the caliber this season.
10. Wild guess. Tarasenko and Kuznetsov could get some rest as Bill will call up some older guys for this one tournament.
My humble prediction:
Perezhogin - Malkin - Popov(Mozyakin)
Ovechkin - Datsyuk - Radulov
Kovalchuk - Shipachyov - Zherdev
Kulyomin - Anisimov - Shirokov
Zaripov, Morozov, Kuznetsov, Tarasenko could replace Popov, Perezhogin or Shirokov. Basically if Bill will take Zaripov and Morozov, they probably end up with Malkin.
Nikulin - Medvedev
Yemelin - Kalinin
Ryasensky - Belov
Tyutin - Biryukov
Nikitin, Chudinov are possible replacements. For the next tournaments there is a bunch young guys who earned a chance.
The D will be nowhere near the olympic roster, due to injury to Kulikov and the fact that we have two good youngsters playing in the AHL right now.
Barulin will probably take the no.1 spot. I for my part would invite young goaltenders for tis tournament, but it's up to Bill.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Atas2000