View Single Post
Old
12-02-2012, 12:42 PM
Shaun

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
Don't close your mind to Jerry Sands. He's not perhaps the stud his PCL numbers suggest, but he's got the talent to break out if he can put it together at the big league level.

If we think we're not competing in 2013, I have no problem with spending the first 60 games or so finding out if we have something there. It's a better bet than Mauro Gomez.

BTW I wouldn't read too much into telling Morales to prepare to be a starter. The Red Sox like to have about 9 SP options going into Spring Training, and since Morales was a more than adequate starter last year, "putting him in the mix" in the spring fits their MO perfectly, even if all he's going to be next year in reality is an MR.

I would not be surprised if Andrew Miller and Alfredo Aceves also have been told to prepare to make starts in case the situation comes up. The team is in "keep your options open" mode.
I think Cherrington will end up signing Napoli and maybe a lefty to Platoon there so I doubt he makes an appearance unless there is an injury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBob View Post
So you would rather see Rivera notching another save against Boston instead of seeing Sands playing for Boston ???? Are you sure that you are a Red Sox fan ????
Yes..they don't have the pitching to compete this year and I hope they lose as many games as possible so they can draft a stud. 2014 is the year that I would aim for to become contenders again.