View Single Post
Old
12-02-2012, 01:28 PM
CCHLinsider

vCash: 500
SMITHS FALLS BEARS NEWS

Before I get to the Bears news, sources tell me Nepean wanted Rodier last season but Kanata was asking for too much. In my opinion this is a good acquisition for the Nepean Raiders. They now have a "tough guy" plays with lots of emotion and adds some grit to their lineup.

Going back to the Bears news... Adding NHL prospect Byron to the mix and 6'3 OFD Lussier the Bears are making it clear that they are in the runs for qualifying in the Fred Page Cup.

Head coad Mark Grady has a lot to look forward to with this young offensive minded group. Also rumour has it the Bears might be getting back McNamee who played for the club several years ago and Lesway who they also required his right yesterday afternoon.

With forwards Buonincontri, Marchand out of the line-up with injuries right now you can only imagine how scary this line-up would be. In my opinion this is how the line-up would look like if everyone was healthy and ready to play..

Buonincontri-Maniccia-Lesway
McNamee-Byron-McLaren
Carroll-Crete-Butler
Eardley-Trombetta-Marchand

Akeson-Lussier
Sexton-Romoff
Soligo-MacMillan

Martin
Howe
* I put McLaren on the right side simply because he did a great job on the right side of Robertson last year.

* Making Crete centering a big body's like Carroll and Butler, can really give him more opportunity to use his speed and open his ice.