View Single Post
Old
12-02-2012, 01:34 PM
Gaps

vCash: 500
I don't like the idea of putting Teräväinen, Barkov and Armia all on the same line. We'd effectively be placing all our eggs in the same basket, and while that would probably work fine when facing much weaker opponents, I think we'd be screwed once the real games started. We'd be making it easier for teams like USA, Canada, Sweden and Russia to stop our team if we placed all our best players on the same line. Our best guys are good, but they aren't that good.

Sure, it's tempting to give our best sniper the best center we have, but we have the potential to dish out three at least decent offensive lines and a good 4th line (by our standards, anyway) and I don't think we should pass on that chance to make a clear-cut first line. There's also the issue of chemistry; has Barkov ever played on the same line with Armia, for example?

As for who should play center; I could see both Granlund and Salomäki being able to fill the role, and I don't really have a personal preference on which one of them should do it. Teräväinen has been terrible at center this season, so he should stay on the wing. Granlund hasn't played center lately, but he did fine when he did. Not excellent, but fine, especially compared to Teräväinen.

My top9 would turn out like this:

Salomäki/Granlund-Salomäki/Granlund-Armia
Haapala/Teräväinen-Barkov-Lehkonen
Haapala/Teräväinen/J. Ikonen-Aaltonen-Nykopp

I can only see one possible slot for J. Ikonen, and that's with Aaltonen. I don't want the 3rd line to be an all-midget line, which is why I have Nykopp there. I'm also not sure how effective Haapala would be with Aaltonen, which is why I have Teräväinen as the 3rd option for 3rd line LW. Based on his performances lately, he definitely deserves a place in the top6, but Haapala has chemistry with Barkov. I know Teräväinen would get kind of shafted in this scenario.

I think that in the end at least either J. Ikonen or Haapala will get cut.

Gaps is offline   Reply With Quote