View Single Post
Old
12-02-2012, 01:39 PM
Ryker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
As much as I love Pronger and would be the happiest guy around if he would be able to resume his HHoF Career, I believe you have to go with the odds here, and assume other GMs would also -- hefty Cap and salary for them to carry on the slight chance he plays again -- Leaving a player with virtually 100% chance of playing exposed for such a slim chance Pronger would play at all... let alone at such a high status... is a potential big mistake.

In fact, if a team would select Pronger it would be to the Flyers' benefit as it relieves them of having to LTI Pronger -- banking -- or the off chance the NHL forces his retirement and causes a Cap catastrophe... Also IIRC losing a player lessens the chance of losing more since I believe they are limited to the number of players they can lose in such a draft... losing Pronger would allow them to add a Gus or MAF etc. to the protected list.

No way the Flyers protect Pronger... and he should understand 100% without ruffled feathers.
Yeah, I agree. I think he's done anyway. And on the off chance he does come back, who's to say how good he's going to be. I can't see him getting back to his glory days level, unfortunately.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote