View Single Post
Old
12-02-2012, 02:01 PM
Whalers Fan
Go Habs!

vCash: 500
Last night was a very entertaining game against Kitchener, even with the Whalers coming out on the short end in the shootout. I thought it was the best game played so far at Compuware this season. It was fast-paced game, with lots of solid hits and both teams giving maximum effort throughout the game. It was a good sized crowd, too, of over 3,400 for the Teddy Bear Toss.

Rangers goalie Franky Palazzese was probably the difference. He made several superb stops when Plymouth was really pressing hard on offense.

I was glad to see Alex Nedeljkovic get another start in net for the Whalers. He was out of position on a goal in the 2nd period (the defense also broke down on the play, letting a Ranger waltz out from behind the net), and let a breakaway goal and shootout goal through the five hole, but otherwise he looked solid and comfortable in goal. You cannot expect perfection from a 16-year old rookie.

Noesen seemed to be on a mission, flying all over the ice and delivering numerous solid checks. He also was the victim of one of the worst cases of a referee swallowing his whistle I've seen in quite awhile, getting hauled down from behind as he split the defense in the last minute of overtime. The only choice the ref had to make was two minute penalty or holding, but instead he called nothing. Criminal.