View Single Post
Old
12-02-2012, 03:18 PM
jmoss45

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergeron47 View Post
Im surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet, but more information has come out regarding the 'WOW' move ala Stauffer. I'm kicking myself for not remembering which podcast I heard it from last week, but a caller asked him if the deal was still on hold, or dead in the water because Bob said it depended on the lockout ending December 1st. Stauffer said it still holds ground. He then asked the caller what the biggest question mark is on the team, and that's it's a glaring one. The caller said "Goaltending. It's gotta be goaltending." Stauffer said 'Exactly.' and went on to basically reveal that the 'WOW' move is for a goalie, repeating that an amnesty clause must be part of the new CBA. He also said 'it may not be a surprising move'.
This leads me to believe its not Jay Bouwmeester, and it's gotta be Roberto Luongo.
What about Bernier? Not a huge move but that would bolster our goaltending. Lowe even said they're thin at that position, and that is definitely a guy who could turn into a star.

Trade for Bernier. Promise him 22 games here (in a full season), leaving the other 60 for Dubnyk, as long as he's playing well. If Dubnyk fails, we have a great backup plan that doesn't involve a drunk senior citizens with a criminal record.

I wonder what it would cost/what LA wants?