View Single Post
Old
12-02-2012, 03:55 PM
BigTuna49
#WPGWHITEOUT

vCash: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by scelaton View Post
His numbers were worse last year than the year before and his career stats are not great. He has not improved in a linear fashion.
If you trace my previous comments on this subject, you will see I have admitted to being hard on Pavs, because of the importance of his position to the Jets' success and his poor track record over the past year. In doing so, I was looking for constructive comments with respect to the Jets' goalie situation, going forward. Your last sentence fits that description. The personal stuff preceding it was unnecessary.
I remain open to constructive comments.
Quit looking at his numbers and stats. This is where you are failing. You have to have watched him over the last few years to see the improvement. He used to be awful at over committing. Not nearly the problem it was 2-3 years ago. He was one of the worst in shootouts. He's improved dramatically in that area. He's still not where he needs to be but he's getting there. This was the first year where he was the undisputed #1 guy. He was relied on a lot more then ever before. His previous two seasons he split time and has had his starts increase each year.
Pavs has made strides each year. He will be fine. Just have a tad bit of patience instead of having unrealistic expectations.