View Single Post
Old
12-02-2012, 04:32 PM
northvanman

vCash: 500
Western defeats Brock 4-1 to close out the first half for CIS hockey.

The OUA West is as competitive, top to bottom, as it has ever been. I can honestly say this is the first time the division is such that anyone really can be anyone else. Most games between divisional opponents have been close with very few blowouts, and the goals for and against up and down the division attest to that.

Western has really surprised me - I had them picked at 3rd or 4th in the division and after a slow start, they have had about as quiet an 11 game winning steak as you can have. After losing Turkiewicz, Snow and Baker to graduation, I thought they would have big trouble scoring. But rookie Matt Clarke has really stepped up, and Zach Harnden and Steve Reese is have really played well moving to the top line.

I think Guelph is strong and stronger than their good record shows, and Windsor, who I thought would take the division this year, is only 2 points out of first place. Western and Windsor do seem to be a bit above the other teams in the division right now, but given all the close games, I think any of the top 6 could win the OUA West.

northvanman is offline   Reply With Quote