View Single Post
Old
12-02-2012, 05:11 PM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post
Barons have 28.8 shots for per game and 31.1 shots against per game so far through 20 games played. They are being outshot by ~2.3 shots per game. I don't think that's horrendous but obviously it would be better if they could turn that stat around.

I agree though that Danis likely doesn't get enough credit. He's a very good goalie and imo would be a solid backup and honestly even a solid option for the starting job to push Dubnyk on the Oilers.
shots for says nothing towards our D.. with the forwards we have we shuld be +5 on shots.. All i know is that Danis is keeping this team from getting blown out most games. With all ur fire power he shouldnt be facing 25+ shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
That is a laughable comment, his defense has been far from brutal for the most part.
i talked about team D and that he is no exception when it comes to bad reads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worraps View Post
People will always find evidence to support their preconceived notions.
Before he suited up for the Barons, I didn't know much about Schultz's game on either side of the puck; I've been pleasantly surprised at how well he plays in his own zone.
He has quick feet, is solid positionally, and has a very good stick. More importantly than any of that: when he gains possession in his own zone the puck is moving in the opposite direction quickly. This is a precious gift with forwards like ours and is the number one thing the Oilers have been missing.
nothing preconceived here... Schultz has all the tools and will eventually round out his game but for now he plays like a 4th forward and is average in his own zone.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote