View Single Post
Old
12-09-2003, 04:13 PM
FisherKing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7
Souray has taken Markov's ice time, especially on the PP.
Well, frankly, if Gainey is shopping for some "quality" talent up front, I think Markov is the most likely candidate to use as trade bait, on our D anyway. No question the guy is talented and has great upside, even though his game seems to have been a bit subpar this year, so far.

I think (read "hope") the least likely to move is Souray. This guy is gradually becoming the cornerstone and leader on D. I'd be VERY surprised if he's moved, although I suspect Gainey has gotten more than a few inquiries about him.

Rivet. I just don't see his trade value being that high, and his contract is pretty difficult to justify given his skill level.

Brisbois? Maybe, if the Habs eat a good chunk of his contract, but again, I'm really don't see him being dangled as bait for a stud forward, at least not with any success.

Quintal? Great guy, but on the downhill slope. Low trade value, relatively speaking.

Komo? He's not going anywhere IMO.

Like I said, Markov seems the most likely candidate with the talent and upside to get the best return, at least on our D. Put him together with someone like Hossa and I think you start to get a pretty attractive package. Who could we get in return? Who knows? I do think that a package like that would justify Gainey inquiring about some top end young talent. Then again, what do I know?