View Single Post
12-02-2012, 05:41 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,442
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
If you are physically in Canada for more than 182 days a year, you count as a resident.

If you do not reside in Canada you pay Canadian taxes on all income earned in Canada, as well as taxes of your country of residency on all income earned worldwide (including income from Canada).
It's important to highlight that if you're no longer a Canadian resident (but are still a citizen), then you don't pay taxes to the Canadian gov't at all (unless, of course, you've made some income in Canada).

(this doesn't contradict what you said at all, waffledave. I just wanted to highlight that you're not 'trapped' as a Canadian!)

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote