View Single Post
Old
12-09-2003, 04:18 PM
swinginutter*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash
All due respect Swing... you and AM don't see eye to eye on that one.

and I side with the coach. Modry is the strongest guy on the team (in yearly strength testing) he's the best skating defenseman we have and he's crucial to the powerplay.

Modry sometimes needs a wake-up call, granted. But when he gets it, he usually picks up his play and plays to the level of the talent around him.

Unless we're improving on Modry at Modry's position, you can't trade the guy. Sorry.
I know, and I agree with you 100% on how I view Modry in comparison to how AM views him. I've been bashing him for years (Modry - read the Hamrlik thread), and like I said there, he gets coddled like no other. The trade would leave us depleted in the back, I know! But like I said IMO I would trade Modry in a heart beat. I know all about his fitness tests, not only hearing it from our papers, and announcers, but other announcers as well. He doesn't translate it on the ice though, and one of the reasons he's never hurt, is because he's clueless on taking the body. He is also no where near the skater that Matty and Lubo are. I think overall he can be an ok player, but not like we use him. His transition is pathetically slow, especially on the power play where he skates it up the ice including his decision making. He's not Lemieux, but sometimes he gives me the impression that he thinks he is. The game is lightning speed out there, and I just don't think he has it.
I do agree that we need to improve that position, so I do stand by what you're saying there.