View Single Post
Old
12-02-2012, 07:09 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

vCash: 500
Now that we're part ways through the season , I've had a chance to watch some prospects. Travis Brown was a guy on my radar and he's really progressed as the season goes on. He's very athletic and has definite pro potential. He's oftenly overshadowed by Morgan Rielly, whom he shares the ice with in Moose Jaw. He plays a good two-way game and has shown his offensive instincts as of late. He's a good skater with quick feet. He makes a good first pass and posseses a decent wrist shot from the point which usually fools goaltenders or is deflected by screening forwards in the net. Defensively , I'd like to see him use his frame more. Travis has a long reach which helps him knock guys off the puck with the poke check. He tends to push guys to the outside while defending but poke checks the puck away rather than taking the body sometimes where it is due.Overall, Chicago has a real intriguing prospect on their hands. The fact that he was taken with their 5th round pick is icing on the cake. Surely they're happily surprised by his level of play this season. With a few more years of seasoning , Brown could develop into a good #4-#5 guy.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote