View Single Post
Old
12-02-2012, 08:20 PM
Tormentor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffer View Post
Haapala better than J. Ikonen...? What makes you think that?
Watching the latest U20 tournament, Haapala played quite well while J.Ikonen was close to a non-factor. He had 2 shots in 3 games, and it’s not like he was bringing that much to the table in other areas of the game either. Like I stated earlier, even Järveläinen stood out more than him. Haapala has been struggling a bit in SM-liiga lately, but from what I've seen so has J.Ikonen, no difference there.

Quote:
J. Ikonen is much more talented of these two. Haapala is a year (?) older but that's about it. He was productive in the start of the season but Barkov was the real contributor behind those points, it seems.
J.Ikonen has a higher offensive upside, but as of now Haapala seems to be bringing slightly more to the table overall. That's my subjective view based on seeing how these two have performed lately. Barkov is a huge factor in Haapala’s offensive success in SM-liiga, no denying it.

Quote:
I find it hard to believe that Haapala would make the team if J. Ikonen didn't.
Both might make the team, and it's possible that I'm wrong, but it certainly wouldn't be a surprise for me if Haapala makes the team ahead of J.Ikonen. I guess we see things a bit differently in this issue.

Quote:
Furthermore, Aaltonen has played with Ikonen so, it's only natrual to keep them together.
Aaltonen and J.Ikonen haven’t been playing that much together lately, at least in comparison to start of the season. And, It's not like Barkov and Haapala are unfamiliar with each other either.

Quote:
Anyways, As I said if this team won't take a medal it's a disappointment and disgrace---. Only Canada has a stronger team on paper.
Don't agree with this. Russia, Sweden and USA should have good teams as well (possibly better than Finland), and Czechs have a chance of surprising in a single game with guys like Hertl, Faksa and Frk among others.

Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote