Thread: Proposal: Vancouver-Detroit
View Single Post
Old
12-02-2012, 07:48 PM
StringerBell

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MGoBlue2 View Post
Money can always be saved, but this is assuming Edler wants to stay in Vancouver. And it also assumes that lowering the quality of Vancouver's depth is worth Edler.
I think its pretty safe to assume Edler wants to stay. There has been absolutely no reason to think otherwise. As far as depth, all it would require is trading Luongo and Ballard, and replacing them on the cheap. Losing Luongo hurts our depth, but we have Schneider pushing for more starts as it is, and Ballard could be replaced on the 3rd pairing with someone half his price and the dropoff would barely be noticeable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Franzen+Smith for Edler I'd be fine with, and I was warming to a package around Filppula+Franzen for Edler (although I maintain a little more would be needed, even if a piece moves with Edler), but these are about the only packages, outside of something around Edler+ for Datsyuk or Zetterberg I'd consider. Obviously straight, contract or no, and we'd run off laughing with it.

Anyone thinking Edler+Kesler+first for Datsyuk is dreaming though. Gillis would probably be dragged through the city by a mob before holding a kangaroo court and hanging if he even thought about that deal. We lose six years for a player on a similar trajectory, and lose a number one Dman on most teams (including Detroit at the moment....no offence to Kronwall).
Keep in mind the same guy who said Edler, Kesler, 1st for Datsyuk proposed Ericsson, Abdelkader, Pulkkinen for Hamhuis. If that doesnt set off your homer alert I dunno what will.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote