View Single Post
Old
12-02-2012, 09:19 PM
Riptide

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eerie Hurdler View Post
I expect the meeting to be heavily censored by Jacobs and Daly. I don't think the owners have the right to speak freely, even there.
If this will have any chance, Daly and Jacobs will have to allow others to speak. Otherwise the PA will call it out as a sham (and rightly so).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltsfan2029 View Post
OK, I'll ask again here - the only references I've seen to this meeting is that it's a discussion only and that there will be no negotiating. I can't find anything to indicate that the stance on that has changed. I can't find the Tweet that says no negotiating, either, so I'm just trying to figure out what they're actually going to be doing in this meeting.

Part of Fehr's official statement is "We hope that this meeting will be constructive and lead to a dialogue that will help us find a way to reach an agreement.Ē That doesn't sound like actual negotiating to me.
I don't think they'll be negotiating. More just seeing where each side is at. Last time around, through mediation they discovered the PA would accept a cap. Perhaps this time they can sort out why the league is looking for their contractual demands (maybe not a specific cap and less FA years, but to understand the reasoning). If each side can understand the other, perhaps they can find a way to move forward.

"Itís not as if Donald Fehr was lying to us, several players said. Rather, itís as if he has been economical with information, these players believe, not sharing facts these players consider to be vital."