View Single Post
Old
12-02-2012, 09:45 PM
That

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
Who would Pulock be compared to ? I heave heard some good things about him but I havent gotten the chance to see one of his games. What are his strengths/weaknesses ?
I've seen the Shea Weber comparison thrown around over on the prospects forum. From what I've seen of him this year, I'd say it's fairly accurate.

Pulock has incredible hockey IQ, he's one of the smartest players in this years draft. He's also an fantastic passer, very hard and accurate. He has a great break out pass because of that. I also love his shot. He has hard, accurate slapper. He's put up 4 power-play goals this year. His shot has a huge impact on his goal totals, the goalies just can't handle it at all. It's a laser beam. Defensively, he's a rock. He's got an active stick which always seems to break up plays. His gap control is also very good, as he always seems to remove possession at precisely the right time. For a big guy, who isn't afraid of getting physical, he is extremely disciplined. Very rarely does he take a penalty.

His main flaw is his skating. Personally, I think he's actually a pretty decent skater in terms of technique, but his acceleration and top end speed both need improving for the next level. His puck skills could use some work too.

I really like Pulock, he thinks that game at an elite level, but his skating and puck skills could use some improvement. You can teach those things, but you can't teach his hockey IQ. He's a special player.