View Single Post
Old
12-02-2012, 10:27 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

vCash: 500
Awards:
You can doubt it all you want, and you can act like I don't know what I'm talking about, but I have watched them plenty (I wish I haven't). Their receivers limit them to a dink and dunk offense, none of them are able to run a quality route over 20 yards. His arm isn't great, that doesn't change the fact that none of his receivers are ever capable of getting open.

Another fault in your argument is that he protects the ball at the rate of an average QB, which is all he is, yet you treat him like a turnover machine. And you seem to expect him to single-handedly charge past the Bears and Packers without his only decent receiver which is ludicrous. The team was expected to be very poor, they unexpectedly won some games which put them in a better position, yet he can't seal the deal. That is totally normal young QB play. The Vikings are a ways off from playoff contention, your ire is pointed in the wrong direction.

If you want the Vikings to change QB again good luck, they can go pick up Rivers or waste a pick on a terrible QB (because that's all there is outside of the top two), see how that works. Rivers hasn't had any receivers to throw at this season either and look how things have turned out for him. If you think the Vikings receivers are good enough to support a better QB I don't know what to tell you. They're trash. They can't get separation short nor deep and everyone knows it. Their best receiver is not a deep threat, so even he can't help Ponder in this regard. As such I find it difficult to jump to conclusions when judging a second year QB.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote