View Single Post
Old
12-02-2012, 10:33 PM
Nashty

vCash: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
yea burke better have somehting epic to the loss of kadri if he is going. I'd be pissed as hell.
Exactly, this would be ideal.

1. Make that Luongo trade
2. Draft a highly skilled potential first line center with a top 5 pick to basically replace Kadri in our prospect pool
3. Trade Grabovski for a mid first round pick, draft either Domi or Fucale
4. Sign Getzlaf and Perry (if we can)

Lets just say we get Monahan, I think he's more realistic than MacKinnon and sign Perry along with Getzlaf.

JVR - Getzlaf - Perry
Lupul - Monahan - Kessel
Kulemin - Colborne/McClement - Frattin
Komarov - Steckel - Brown

The second line would be amazing because they wouldn't have to go out and play against the other teams' top dmen, which is what Kessel has been doing his whole time here in Toronto. It also allows the rookie to play sheltered minutes under an elite center in Ryan Getzlaf, and he'll be paired up with two all stars in Kessel and Lupul. Kulemin and Frattin on one line would be great, I see them both as very similar players; workhorses. The bottom line has a feisty guy, a face-off/utility center, and a quick, speedy energy player who can fight. All three also playing time on the PK.

*Step 3 doesn't have to be done, a line of Kulemin - Grabovski - Frattin, would be good too. But I'd rather have a blue-chip prospect than make Grabovski play a defensive role.*

PK unit 1:
Steckel - Brown
Gunnarsson - Phaneuf

PK unit 2:
McClement - Komarov
Gardiner - Komisarek/Holzer