Thread: Proposal: Hall for Seguin
View Single Post
Old
12-02-2012, 10:56 PM
Halpysback*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilin Toronto View Post
I don't think Seguin has proven, like Toews, Backstrom, or Giroux that he's supplanted Hall. Please see his 1st year stats, and if you think he had such a fantastic year last year, he still had a lower pt/gm average than Hall, not to mention a sub par playoffs for someone who had every opportunity to showcase his meteoric talents. Aside from one solid game, he was a complete disappointment.

Until he shows significant improvement, there's no way he's supplanted Hall as the best player drafted in 2010. If I'm Edmonton, I pick Hall 1st overall 10 times out of 10.
The "if they wanted him they could have drafted him" argument is stupid.

Edmonton drafting Yakupov, having Eberle emerge as a star player and having a ton of winger prospects isn't something that was the case in 2010. Having 2 star wingers and 2 star centers may be preferable to 3 star wingers and 1 star center, especially if the difference between the star winger and star center is small.

Seguin was snakebit in the playoffs but played great, I don't know what you are talking about. You could argue for him being the 2nd best forward after Peverley. And obviously he's gonna have a lower point per game average than Hall, Hall plays on the kid line with no defensive responsibilities and no pressure while Seguin plays on a highly defensive team gunning for the cup and has a coach that's on him about everything. They have different strengths and all but overall they're extremely close and Seguin plays the more important position.

Halpysback* is offline   Reply With Quote